Lately we have been enjoying this feeling in our home that comes straight from Little House on the Prairie. Charles Ingalls comes home from working all day and after eating their supper, he takes up the violin and plays while the girls mend their clothes and Caroline knits in the rocking chair. The fire is lit and there is warmth in their home. At times after we eat, Dave strums his guitar and sings. We all are drawn to him in the living room. The boys are on the floor playing with toys together, Lou is drawing pictures, I listen or sing along. Other times Dave reads out loud from To Kill a Mockingbird as we stretch out on the couches to absorb. It spurs on family discussions about social issues and decency. Sometimes we play games and always we read scriptures. I want it to stay like this. I wish it would stay like this. There are so many distractions clamoring for our attention. Worthless distractions.
Unadulterated family time is precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment