Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dream

I'm at the back of our scooter shop but the ceilings are taller and the space is wider and the walls don't seem quite the right color, characteristic of the way dreaming distorts reality. I see racks of clothes and accessories layered lightly with dust. I'm looking around. The store has more stuff in it than I remember. As I walk past the rows of goods, I see notebooks, crayons and art supplies, scissors, socks, shoes, and boxes of other useful things. The shop looks more like a grocery store rather than a scooter shop, I muse.

Noticing the dust, I have a cloth in my hand and I start cleaning. I'm there to work. As I make my way closer to the front of the store, the shelves are full of groceries and there are other workers there stocking shelves. I take a price gun and start pricing items, wiping off the dust, and placing them back on the shelves.

I make it to the front of the store and notice freshly baked muffins and cinnamon rolls. They are big and delicious and there are free samples for customers. People are coming into the store and are taking the samples so fast and ravenously so I cut up another muffin for them. Suddenly I'm acutely aware of all the good food in the store and my own hunger and need. I turn to the front desk by the entrance where I see David sitting.

I say to him "When we were starving, why didn't you bring us here so we could eat? All this time we have been starving and you had all this food here."

He says to me "You didn't ask. You never wanted to come."

I say "No. I didn't know."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go to costco before you went to sleep? It sounds like you combined Costco with the Scooter Lounge:)

That is all I ever had is weird dreams.

I am excited to see you guys at Moab. Got a new job, still working with kids, but building a whole new program.

Marty

Emilie and Branden said...

That's a pretty significant dream.

Kerri said...

What does it mean?

I always have dreams about my teeth crumbling. It must be Bolivia related. Someone told me there an old wives tale about dreams about lost teeth. Is there an old wives tale about dreaming your business becomes a grocery store?

Kaerlig said...

It's not really about our business becoming a grocery store--rather it is about David having had all along the capability to provide spiritually, emotionally and temporally for our needs--and for so long we have been starving. That is as much as I will tell.