Hurtado Top Three, Bottom One of 2010
Ellie (age six)
Top:
1. I have a lot friends and I get to play with them all the time. We play dress-up, barbies, pet shop, polly pockets. But if my friends can’t come to play, I play with Davey unless he is playing with Rainer.
2. I started piano lessons this year and my favorite part is jumping on my piano teacher’s trampoline.
3. I got first place in the Reflections Contest and my drawing is going to the district contest. I am almost an accomplished artist.
Bottom: My mom and dad haven’t got me a baby sister to play with yet. It isn’t fair. There are two boys in our family and just one girl.
Davey (age eight)
Top:
1. I’m pretty good at playing the piano so far and I am really good at reading and math. In fact, I’m an all around good kid.
2. I still get chased by a group of girls at school that I call the “Cats”. They chase me because I’m so handsome and charming.
3. I got baptized this year into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I started cub scouts.
Bottom: I didn’t win first place in the Reflections Contest and I’m the kind of kid that really cares about winning a trophy.
Rainer (age ten)
Top:
1. I saw an alien spaceship crash land this summer and searched in the desert for the occupant.
2. I managed to thwart my mom’s efforts to get me to participate in extra-curricular activities. And even if she could get me to do something, I tell her “you can’t make me do it with quality”. I’m a smart kid.
3. I have been recruiting many new officers into my club called “KND” or Kid’s Next Door. Our main purpose is to overthrow adults bossing us around just because they're older.
Bottom: My mom makes me do dishes with quality.
Kaerlig
Top:
1. I serve in the Young Women Presidency at church and find that I am recapturing my youth. Sometimes I forget the activities are for the girls and not for me.
2. I am learning The Art of Motorscooter Maintenance. It is a zen experience.
3. I have good health, a warm home, and I enjoy the love of my husband and children.
Bottom: I still haven’t been able to give Ellie a baby sister but I am having fun trying.
David
Top:
1. I don’t know how many triathlons it takes to call oneself a triathlete, but if the answer is one, then I’m totally there.
2. This year I’ve really enjoyed swimming regularly at the gym and other water-related activities.
3. I have also been enjoying my church callings and volunteer service.
Bottom: Finding that the unfinished educational course I arrogantly derailed myself from ten years ago is still a road ahead of me, and there were no shortcuts.
We love you and hope this Christmas season
falls among your top three.
Love The Hurtado’s
1 comment:
Great Christmas card idea, I love it. You have such a beautiful family. i wish I could have run into you at an extended family gathering, but for now the blog world will have to do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Post a Comment