I love to receive the traditional Christmas card and letter from my friends and family. I don't know why I tape them to my door. Maybe you do that too? My mom did...I think. Maybe that's where it started. After the holidays are over, I take them down and put them in a drawer full of old Christmas letters that I've received over the years. I may not ever go back and read them again but then again, maybe I will. I also keep wedding announcements and engagement pictures. I'm admitting to an oddity of mine. When I get these types of letters and announcements I find it difficult to throw them away. They represent real lives- the lives of people I care about.
I love real letters- in all their varieties.
Recently Raycito, as part of a school assignment, wrote a letter to Santa about what he wants for Christmas. He had to provide a reason for why he wanted each thing. I want to share his letter because it cracked me up.
Dear Santa,
I would like 800 dollars to spend on college so I can learn. College is an important education required to get a good job.
It would be good for me to go to a good college. Please send it in 10s 20s or a check. It would be hard for me to WORK for money to get to college, so it would just be better to ask you for the $800. It would be good for me to get a good education. College is expensive. I do not think that it is practical to EARN $800 for college, when YOU can just give me the money.
I would also like 1 MILLION dollars so I can buy a house. Houses are expensive. I need to live in a house to survive. I also need money for my kid's college so he can have a good job. AND for the furniture, so my wife does not get mad at me for too little furniture. Mrs. Claus probably likes furniture up at the north pole, too. And I also need $350 for a mission, that I will do when I'm a teenager. So I can teach people about the book of Mormon, so people could go to heaven. Going to heaven is important.
I also need money for my wedding, so I can raise a family. Raising a family is very important and teaches about how to be responsible. I also need $30 dollars for a gas mask when I change my kids diaper, so I don't die. Not dying is important.
I also need 50 dollars for my prom. Prom is important. I need to go to prom in order to love. Love is important. I also need 30 dollars to buy a hamster, so my kids don't hate me. My kid not hating me is important. It is important because I am his father. And I love him. Love is important. Please send this money on Christmas in 10s or 20s, or in a check.
You owe me lots of money, SANTA!
Sincerely,
Raycito the 1st
P.S. Have you ever heard of a gym, YOU FATTY!
1 comment:
That is the best letter to Santa that I have ever read. He is a cool kid.
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment