Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eleven years ago my life was forever changed when I became a mother to a little 4 lb. 8 oz baby boy.


Now that boy is almost my same height and weight.
The other day he and I were looking in the mirror while I combed his hair. He noted triumphantly "My head is bigger than yours. That means my brain is bigger than yours. That means I'm smarter than you."

Some days I certainly believe that. He is a very bright boy and at times his reasoning leaves me speechless.

No matter how big he gets though, I'll always be his mother and I claim that portion of his heart that is reserved just for me.

For his birthday this year, David made him a three layer cake. (Dave's been on this wonderful cake-making roll.)



Before Raycito opened his presents and had his cake for breakfast, David joked around with him and told him what was in each birthday package. Raycito's expressions when he heard what his presents were was hilarious.

Dave: "We got you a book about maturation."
Ray: "Nooooooooooooo!"
Dave: "I'm just kidding.
Ray: "Oh....phew."
Dave: "It's Spore Galatica."
Ray: "Yaaaaay!"
Dave: "No really- it's called "My Growing Body: A Boy's Guide to Maturation."
Ray: "Nooooooooooooo!"

Dave: "We got you Pimple Cream,"

"underwear,"

"a boy scout uniform and a tarp."








Lucky for him, we aren't so cruel...although he thought the pants we gave him were worthless.

He said that he was lucky because his birthday is in December. He gets to open presents while everyone else has to wait until Christmas. And then he gets to open presents again. I hope he always keeps that attitude about having a December birthday and doesn't feel like he's getting the shaft.

He put together his new lego ship, played with cousins, and installed Spore Galactica on the computer. Later in the evening we went to Wendy's and the Nicklecade (his choice on both of those). Eleven year old boys are so uncomplicated and easy to please. I love that kid.

No comments: