Monday, November 21, 2011

Rainy Monday



David and I went to the Provo Temple this morning to start our 12th year together. This particular temple, nestled at the base of Rock Canyon just a north of my home, is very special to me because it has been here that I have been prepared and strengthened for all that has come my way. The more I attend the temple the more I crave to be there. If I had one of the desires of my heart, it would be to be a temple worker a little later on in life. When I told David about my desire, he shared the same sentiment.

After our temple trip, we drove to Salt Lake City for the funeral of my dear uncle Mike. He died a few days ago of brain cancer. One of my fond memories of him is from my childhood when we used to go to Aspen Grove for Rector family reunions. He'd play his guitar while he and my aunt Laura sang together. He was handsome. She was pretty. It is hard to believe that he has died- he has always been so full of life, love, youthfulness and charisma- and although I know that he is still full of life and there is no death above, he will be missed here.

Read his obituary here.












1 comment:

Emilie and Branden said...

The temple part of this post makes me very, very, very, very happy. The Uncly Mike post, quite sad. What a picker he was! Love you.