The kids with several of their cousins spent a warm afternoon at Cornbelly's in Utah County. Every year (for several years now) we come to frolic in the pumpkins, dig in the corn, get lost in the corn maze and test our courage in The Creature.
This year I also got knocked in the face by a swinging plastic head in a dark maze called "Buried Alive". In one hand I had a hold of Lou and in my other hand I had my nephew Miles. Near the end (when we were supposed to squeeze through an inflatable crevice designed to give you the feeling of being buried alive of course) the pain in my face and my anxiety got the better of me and I made a beeline for the entrance with the kids in tow. I also got a little freaked by a clown maze that played carnival music slightly off-tune and I didn't make it to the end. Enclosed mazes were not my thing this year.
Despite my face aching for the rest of the afternoon, it was a gorgeous day and we did just about everything there was to do. Slides, bouncy inflatables, corn-ball, train rides, jungle gyms, go-carts, puppet show, dress-ups, jumping pillow, duck races, mazes and more mazes, corn and more corn, clear until dark.
Raycito, Lou and Little D
My sister-in-law Clara and little Anya
Cousin Love
Stella is like the sister Lou never had.
Toby, Miles, Lou and Stella
Corn and more Corn
Imagine keeping track of these kids in a maze. Only one got officially lost.
map of the maze
Laura and Stella taking a short-cut
Lou in the stalks
Lou in the stocks again
Me and Anya
Ray's cornbelly (corn kernels stuffed into his shirt- scared me)
Lou came up with that look on her own
Sweet Stella
Horse Races
Reminds me of Edith Ann on Sesame Street
We Love Cornbelly's!
Halloween Night

My cousin Andrea and her family came over to trick-or-treat.

Raycito: Scooter-Part Robot
Little D: Werewolf
Lou: Detective
Me: Alien
Dave: Party Pooper

It took exactly six days to eat all the candy we scored this year.
1 comment:
We've done Cornbellys the last few years too and every year we have a blast. This year was fun, but we chose the coldest day to go. I'm envious of the short sleeves you are all wearing in your pictures!
Post a Comment