Sunday, November 20, 2011
Diversity means...
Lou and Little D each won an award of excellence at the Reflections Contest this year. Lou drew about eight different pictures of diverse flowers with pencil, marker and crayon. Six of her pictures were used to create a colorful variety of annuals and perennials. Twice Lou has won this award so she is used to the fame and glory but this was the first time for Little D. He created a diorama of distinct extinct dinosaurs rambling along rivers and volcanos. Last year he was so upset when his artwork didn't win him a trophy that I had to dig out one of my old awards from a 6th grade art contest I entered to give to him. He didn't seem to mind that it had my name instead of his stamped into the plaque. Finally he has his own trophy to set on the shelf next to Raycito's. Phew...I was a little nervous that I'd have to hear about his disappointment over not winning for another year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment