While I was out of the house, Dave and kids took this pictures, made a Valentine out of it, turned off the lights and waited to surprise me. Even though I noted that the house was strangely quiet and dark when I walked through the door, I didn't suspect they were all hiding in my room. I'm not used to them trying to surprise me so their surprise worked.
The night before Valentines day, I was curled up in bed with the stomach flu. I called out to David to help the kids make Valentine boxes. I wondered what he'd come up with since I knew we didn't have any shoe boxes hanging around. He made these mailboxes out of the cardboard from the pizza we had a few days ago. They turned out great.
Midnight keeps watch over the neighborhood- barking at anyone who dare look through our window, or come up our walkway, or even walk past our house.
My cousin Cheryl had her second annual Valentine party at her house for mothers and daughters. Some of the Valentines created that afternoon were quite ornate. I was having difficulty locating my creative gene but managed to scrap some together.
These are my handcrafted Valentines for Dave and the kids.
Cheryl (my cousin and step-sister), Emilie (my sister though not by blood- some relationships are thicker than blood), Me & Kassi (my blood sister- with little baby girl coming this May)

1 comment:
What a good watch dog! Midnight is cute despite his dog germs.
Post a Comment