Zucchini Bread
(Janet Jones / Sharon Howard)
Beat 3 eggs
Add 1 cup oil, 2 cups sugar, 3 tsp. vanilla
Mix lightly then beat well
Add 2 cups of zucchini (peeled and grated)
Add 3 cups flour (half white flour, half wheat flour!)
Add 3 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda
Add 1 cup chopped nuts for extra flavor and 1 cup golden raisins if desired.
Mix until well blended.
Makes 2 loaves (make sure to use pan spray)
Bake 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees or until done. Enjoy!
Please, I beg you, do not desecrate this recipe by using substitutes for the oil (you know, like apple sauce or yogurt or whatever else you might use to attempt to make this delicious bread low-fat). The oil is not optional in my opinion.
I like this bread warm with a bit of butter and a glass of milk. I made it tonight with the first zucchini that I got from my garden this year. So good!
No comments:
Post a Comment