As once the winged energy of delight
carried you over childhood's dark abysses,
now beyond your own life build the great
arch of unimagined bridges.
Wonders happen if we can succeed
in passing through the harshest danger;
but only in a bright and purely granted achievement can we realize the wonder.
To work with Things in the indescribable relationship is not too hard for us; the pattern grows more intricate and subtle,
and being swept along is not enough.
Take your practiced powers and stretch them out until they span the chasm between two contradictions...For the god wants to know himself in you.
To glance back over sixteen years of marriage I would describe my feelings at this time with the words "wonders happen". I have witnessed wonders that make me pause, awed by God's grace and care for us. Often when I am running in the morning or at other moments in the day I am filled with a joyfulness that is difficult to describe. It is like my heart is leaping out, telling God that I love that I am here and I love the challenges and the struggling and the overcoming. I love the plan. We have seen the harshest danger but it is not too hard for us - not because of us, but because of God. We continue to build together and we are crossing unimagined bridges by our cleaving to each other and to God. David, you are my dear and beloved friend and husband. I love you. I love you more and more. Sixteen years and counting.

No comments:
Post a Comment