Since David was out of town this weekend, I decided to have a quick day trip with the kids to Antelope Island. It was on my list. (I like making and checking things off lists.) Antelope Island is seven miles west off of the Layton Exit #332. Here are a few scenery pictures I took. I thought it was pretty impressive for this time of year.
I wanted to bring our bikes but I couldn't figure out the bike rack gizmo so I scratched that idea and packed a picnic and beach toys. The kids thought we were at an ocean and they took off running toward the water.
They played in the small wakes that the wind made on The Great Salt Lake.
They ignored the slightly strong sulfurous smell while digging in the sand/seagull poop.
When the wind kicked up, we got a free microderm abrasion treatment on all exposed skin from the blowing sand. Towels helped to soften the blow.
Ray was interested in animal tracks in the sand. I'm not sure what these are.
After our picnic lunch we drove to Buffalo Hill for a short walk up the peak. (Except Ray...he often vetoes the hikes I propose and he stayed at the bottom of the hill)
It was an amazing view. At the top of the peak, I was delighted to see rocks to climb on. Little D didn't want to stop playing but I kept reminding him that the fourth person in our party was waiting at the bottom.
I took some one-arm shots of me and the kids and then we headed back on I-15 for home. It was a great afternoon. I'm up for more of these day trips if anyone wants to join us.
6 comments:
You're kids are at such great ages for day trips. I hope you enjoy a lot more trips like this one. Maybe we could join you for one some time.
I really, truly wanted to go to Antelope Island over the weekend. We drove by it on our way to B's show in Logan Friday. Should have called me!!
That looks like so much fun! If not for the logistical difficulties I would so love to go day trippin' with you. I might be coming to UT this summer for a couple months with my boys to visit the fam. Raincheck?
Antelope Island has been on my list for ages This post is motivational!
I don't think I have ever seen kids enjoy that lake as much as your kids....you're a good mom!
looks like you had yourselves a fab time!!
Post a Comment