Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Love This Smile

I made a little girl happy today and I did it with felt and hot glue.

Mariposa (the Barbie doll on the right) came with these enormously huge butterfly wings that clipped on. They were the cause of many tears because those silly wings were too heavy to stay put. I had to clip them on over and over for Lou until I got tired of it and hid them. Out of sight, out of mind.

Those silly wings somehow resurfaced yesterday and became the plight of my little girl's life once again. I tried to glue them on with super strength glue but when that didn't work, I chucked them when Lou's back was turned. I told her I would make wings that worked. We turned not only Mariposa into a winged Barbie but two others as well. It was a successful, craft-tacular day for us.

(I wonder how many wings I'm going to have to make in the next week because she has like an hundred Barbies.)

3 comments:

A. Marley said...

Super mom! I feel your pain...how are you?? Heard about Julie, pretty cool!

Perry Family said...

What a creative, crafty mom you are! I love the wings!

Anna said...

Well done. That is such a cute idea.

There is nothing so exciting as when a girl can figure out how to put her own doll's clothes/wings on. My baby is very into removing Barbie clothes and having me put them back on. Give me patience!