Sunday, July 4, 2010

Little Lou




Why does six seems so much bigger than five? And why does that make me sad?

My little girl is still my little girl, but even she knows that something changed the moment she woke up and it was her birthday. "I can do ______(fill in the blank) now because I'm six!'

And she can do most anything. She's so smart and capable.

Whenever I think of ways to describe little Lou, the first word that pops in my mind is usually feisty.

Then I'd add to that sweet, strong, sensitive, determined, artistic, generous, loving and good.

She is so good.

I know her dad is at the top of her favorite list, but I really hope I'm next. But it might be little D.


If there was a way to capture childhood or to stall growing up for a while I would. Right now.

She is beautiful and radiant.

And she is all pink.

Because of her there is reason to fight.

Because of her there is cause to hope.

Because of her I will do anything...

...so that she can have joy

...and security.



Because of you, Little Lou.
Someday I'll tell you everything and how much your life has meant to me.

3 comments:

b. said...

I remember when she was born!!

Time flies!

Perry Family said...

wow, six years old! She is growing up so fast, and is looking like a young lady now!! motherhood is one of the best things to ever happen to a girl!

Brenda said...

I feel the same way about Celina I feel like she is changing right before my eyes. I HATE it! We need to get our fiesty girls together!