Sunday, February 6, 2011

Multiple Choice Question

Why has Kaerlig gotten three speeding tickets in the last 18 months?

A. She has always been lead-footed so getting tickets comes as no surprise.
B. She sincerely never even knew what the speed limit was so it wasn't her fault. Each time.
C. She thinks speed limits are for losers.
D. She hardly ever got speeding tickets before but her life became crazier in the last 18 month and she became a distracted driver.
E. The cops are out to get her and are abusing their authority. -the jerks-
F. Her van has a mind of its own and it just takes off.
G. She has a sticker stuck to the back of her van that says "Pull me over and take my money."
H. She has to drive more than she used to through speed traps. And there are a lot of speed traps here because what else is there for cops to do in Happy Valley except antagonize innocent citizens?
I. She can't be tamed or bound by any law. She is a threat to society.
J. The Auto Zone brake pads her husband installed have a lifetime warranty, and she's trying to see how many times she can wear them out before she dies. (She's up to 4 so far.)
K. She is always running 5 minutes late and tries to make up for it on the road.
L. She is a ramjet. There are no excuses.

(There is more than one right answer here.)

2 comments:

Jennette said...

This is awesome! (my favorite is the van's bumpersticker option)

Julianne said...

D & K
My husband and I didn't see eye to eye when we first got married about speed limits. I was used to Cheryl and my mom demand that I drive 5 miles over the speed limit or they would go nuts. So I felt anxiouse if anyone didn't drive 5 mies over the speed limit. Wade on the other hand refused to do this and when we were running a little behind I would about go crazy if he didn't speed just a little. Seriously it was bad! Probably the only time we had a "fight." This one time we were late to the temple at Manti and after my many complaints he speeds up. We get pulled over in one of those little towns and gets a ticket. He was furiouse at me. I felt terrible. We missed the session and it was a horrible day. Well I have given in to keeping the speed limit and I think it has added years to my life. I no longer feel anxiouse and I feel like a more calm peaceful person behind the wheel. Now the only time we speed is when we are caravaning behind one of my family members so we don't get lost!