Sunday, February 20, 2011

What is wrong with me? I'm getting worried here because every time I get the slightest cold, it turns into weeks of coughing. What starts as a simple scratchy throat and congestion ends in multiple major coughing spells. Are they spasms? Last time I had this, I got checked for pertussis but the test was negative. I'm immunized any way but that is how bad the coughing spells get. Has any one had this before?

Here is how it happens. I'm going about my business when I feel a sudden catch in my throat- it's like a dry, tickley spot. If I try to supress the cough then I'm done for. It turns into 5 minutes of coughing, gasping, sweating, tears running out of my red eyes down my red face, ribs feel like they are cracking.


I hate it.

I missed two days of work last week because of the endless coughing.

Conversations trigger coughing.

Singing triggers coughing.

Sleeping triggers coughing.

Supressing a cough triggers coughing.

Doing nothing triggers coughing.

I need a diagnosis and a treatment!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Sorry you are coughing. Tom coughs alot in the winter. Its SO loud in the phone! Sheech! I have no diagnosis or treatment but I only suggest you cover the phone when you cough!

I love your blog. I've been reading down it just now and laughing my head off at Davey's animal homework and the reflections post. I always enjoy seeing what your kids come up with each year. You're great.