
Oh boy - this kid! I love this kid. This is his "make-up" picture. My reaction was speechlessness (are you kidding me?) followed by laughter. Followed by more laughter. Followed by Dave's laughter. This picture now hangs in the center of our living room for the next year. It is a classic Raycito look. He doesn't think he knows how to smile.
His first attempt at 4th grade pictures failed when he didn't turn in the envelope with the check inside even though he told me he had. He scratched his head when I pulled out the envelope from his backpack. This is my head-in-the-clouds child that never brings home school handouts until about 3 months go by. Who swears his teacher didn't give him a list of names for Valentines when somehow other kids in the class have them. Who loses his spot in his math book and has no idea what his homework is because he didn't write it down. I shouldn't be surprised by his forgetfulness and actually I am not. That was why I reminded him 2 or 3 times that I put the check in his backpack and to please turn it in.
The morning of picture retakes he left the house with his shirt buttoned up, his glasses straight and on the bridge, and his hair was not that way I swear! But I am not about to get my money back even though the photographer said I could. No way. It may look like my son is a thug but this picture is too great not to appreciate.
This kid!
We recently acquired a treadmill and the kids have enjoyed walking and running on it a bit. We have been encouraging Raycito to walk on it regularly because he is a big boy and he needs to get more exercise (Dr.'s orders). One day while walk-jog-walking on the treadmill he noticed the cup holder. He ran upstairs excited to tell me what he could use it for. "It would be perfect to fit a cup of M&Ms or french fries or something to eat while I walk" he explained. He was surprised when I slammed down his wonderful idea with my adamant explanation that only a water bottle should ever be put in that cup holder.
Not too long ago Raycito was explaining to me how his club KND (Kids Next Door) was going to overthrow adults who tried to control them. He told me in a serious voice "I don't know why you are in charge of me mom. I mean, I barely even know you!" He has only known me fore 10 measly mortal years.
Oh- I love this kid. He cracks me up.
4 comments:
Best. portrait. ever.
I can't stop laughing! So Funny!
Kids are amazing!
I freakin' love him.
I love this on so many levels.
Post a Comment