I have been very patient. I still am patient. It all has to do with this new life I have been living for the past (almost) 2 years- this working side by side with my husband in his store - our store. Warmer weather will bring a rush of customers who will all pull their scooters out of their sheds and garages at once. They will come to us. We will be very busy. Busy is good- but busy is also busy. So I feel ok with the cooler weather. After working all winter with just Dave and I at the shop, I took over a lot of responsibilities and I feel anxious now at how my work load will increase with the peak season.
I also feel patient for summer because summer means that my kids won't be at school anymore - but I'll still need to be at the shop. That complicates things a bit since I usually work while they're at school. I'm going to have to figure out how to be a mom with my kids on summer vacation and balance that with all the work I'll have to do. Also I have to figure out how to cover work and the kids when I go to girls camp, Stake Conference and Lake Powell with the Young Women in our ward.
I also feel patient for summer because summer means that my grass is going to have to be mowed every week and my bushes need to be trimmed and my garden will need to be tended. I need three of me! As it is, I have already mowed my lawn twice because of all the recent growth. The winter, with all its drab and dark, has a quiet peaceful feeling that I have only just realized.
But...
As patient as I feel as I try to keep my anxiety over a busy summer at bay, I am excited to feel the sun on my skin once again. I am excited to wear sandals and go swimming. We have a few fun camping trips planned this summer and if miracles keep happening in our favor (ie: selling lots of scooters and stuff) we would love to put the beach and Disneyland on our schedule. That is yet to be determined.
April hasn't fool me this year with her mean tricks. I have anticipated them and enjoyed the cloud play, the snow, the hail, the rain and the chilling temperatures. I do hope though that tomorrow it is warm in Moab. We're getting away from it all for the weekend.
1 comment:
Such a fun post! You're a great writer! I am very anxious for the warm weather this year. For the first time ever I actually got depressed in January and February and it was awful. It's true that summer is sooooo busy but it's so much fun! You will work it out!
Post a Comment