This year David's 36th birthday coincided with Easter. In order to find his birthday presents, the kids and I sent him on a scavenger Easter egg hunt. To my surprise, he was very touched by the gesture and could hardly read the clues aloud.
Clue #1 Every child has once desired
a passage way in which to
play.
Only a tender, knowing
father would grant this wish one happy
day.
(Dave found his gift and the next clue in a passage way he had cut between the closet and the furnace room. The kids had begged to have a secret place.)
Clue #2 No man can be
king of his
home
without a fancy
type of (flushable)
throne.
(Dave found his gift on his throne)
Clue #3 The only way to
remove this bush
is to take it
out by the
root.
It happens to
be the
very place
to find
your next
clue and
loot.
Clue #4 Some day this
room will
house our food--
but until that
day,
I guess the
pestilence
can stay.
(Our dog Midnight's room- eventually will be made into a pantry)
Clue #5 Once it was
perfect-
restore and all mended
Until your
beloved
unknowingly
rear-ended.
(yes, I rear ended Dave's Galaxie with my Toyota back when we were newly marrieds- his last gift was inside)
Most of Dave's gifts were for his feet and none of my clues were incredibly witty or special. But despite the practicality and mediocrity, the kids and I love you David. I am so happy to have spent another year of your life together.
2 comments:
LOVE IT! I think that's cool birthday! I can see why he might have felt a teensy bit special! :)
that was so cute! you are always so clever and smart!! love the clues, I'll have to remember a scavenger hunt for mark's bday this year!
Post a Comment