birthday cake for breakfast
cake made especially for him by his dad this year
(that was too easy)
After school, Little D got to go out with his dad to spend money from grandma and eat out Joe's Cafe (a burger shop that has great hamburgers due to "Slap Your Mama" spice - or something like that). Little D also got a pet fish. (Here we go again with the lessons we learn about life and death).
At night we went to play Laser Tag. This has become a frequent activity for us. It is a lot of fun and we all enjoy it.





Davey wanted Molten Lava Cake from Chilis to end his family birthday party. He ate that whole thing himself. As we left the restaurant late at night, Little D clutched his gut and said it had been a great birthday.
The birthday celebration wasn't over though....da da da daaaaa! U2 360 Tour! Sam is the cousin in the middle and he turned nine just after Little D. Sam found out that four of his favorite things were simultaneously happening (The Fray, U2, his birthday, at the Ute's stadium). When we heard that he really wanted to go, Dave and I (who had been on the fence about going to another U2 concert and didn't care much for The Fray) decided to initiate the boys to concerts. After the concert was over, we couldn't believe we had been on the fence. I've seen U2 four times in concert now and this show was the most amazing to me.


Bono's voice was strong and he had so much energy. He seemed humble and grateful and grounded. The set was unlike anything I've seen before. This concert blew every other one I've seen out of the water.





My lame pictures can not do any justice.
next the rock wall
I am so glad we didn't stay of the fence about going to the concert. We would have missed out- but unfortunately, every other concert we go to (or that the boys go to) will pale in comparison to the one we witnessed last night.
Happy Birthday Little D! I'm excited for for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment