The dodge ran pretty well and we only had to visit two auto parts stores to get two fan belts which David replaced in the blink of an eye. There wasn't any gas spraying on me, the brakes weren't defective and we didn't lose 8 feet of exhaust pipe. What a relief.
We made our way to Slick Rock for our annual adventure. This year I rented a bike -having sworn to never try Slick Rock with a lame-o one again. The $4,500 full suspension bike I rented was so dang sweet and I'll never do Slick Rock on anything less again....though I can't justify buying such an expensive bike so I'll have to rent it every year.
The weather was cool and a little breezy but it was perfect for the physical exertion. Here we took a little break. My shoes are on the left, Dave's are on the right.
Shrimp Rock. Why do they call it that anyway?
After serveral miles we made it to our look out. It's ours because we've been coming to this same spot year after year after year. This year we dedicated the spot to us...but I'm not sharing details-
It was warm and glorious so long as the clouds didn't cover the sun.
Here is that bike. That incredible bike! It made Slick Rock even more amazing. I was able to climb hills I've never climbed before!
But Dave still has one up on me when it comes to technique and strength.
We brought Dave's GS and my GL but to tell you the truth, we didn't ride too much because it was a bit chilly. Remind me to wait until May to go to Moab next year. April has become too unpredictable.
We camped in the Dodge near the Colorado River.
She's groovy.
Dave's pride and joy right now is his Vespa.
This is us.
Check out the eight ball.
We drove home late to get bacl to our kids who were being watched by their grandma- but we stopped when the odometer read 77,777.7 miles to snap a pic. That doesn't happen everyday in a 1967 CamperWagon.
Slick Rock is one of the special things Dave and I do together. It feels like a private anniversary. After biking Slick Rock or scootering through Arches, Dave and I eat out at the same restaurants on Main Street and we repeat our happy memories each year. Moab is a date with Dave.





1 comment:
Hi K! I am so happy that you guys have something you love to do together! I can totally relate! It keeps your bond strong, your family, and just makes for a happy you all around! Seriously I love your scooter and Moab fetish (hee hee)! You make me smile. I love you!
Post a Comment