Utah Lake
Little D didn't mind the green scum.
Lou didn't mind either.
Dave and Raycito kinda did mind the scum.
Then Raycito decides "what the heck" and jumps out of the canoe which capsized it, which David minded very much.
The view of the mountains was grand.
Just a month earlier I went canoeing with the YW and the water was pretty nice but this time around, it was pretty nasty. Oh well.
Burraston Pond
We had a great time at Burraston Pond near Mona, Utah. Little D and Lou spend the whole time swinging back and forth on the little kid tree swing.
Raycito spent the whole time swimming in the chilly water. His main goal was to find creatures in the water.
Dave swam a few laps across the pond.
I tried out the tree swing, the lowest of the three levels, and it was very thrilling. I can't imagine going higher up the tree though. I must be getting very old.
It was a very lovely afternoon- perfect for our last activity before school started the next day.
Raycito- 6th Grade
Lou- 3rd Grade
Little D- 5th grade
New scoots, shoes, haircuts, school supplies, outfits and they were set.
Lou gets to sit next to her friend.
btw: Lou's class has 36 kids in it. Now that is a crime!
I didn't go into Raycito's class (so not to embarrass him) and Little D, though he was smiling, wasn't so sure he was ready for school to start.
Frankly, neither was I. I'll take a few more of those last days of summer please.
1 comment:
Hee Hee. I'm still laughing at the capsized canoe photos. That moment will go down in history.
Post a Comment