Sunday afternoon, we left our house to go to the canyon for a barbecue. We were gone for several hours. When we got home, Dave was downstairs with the boys and went to switch off the light that had been left on in the spare room. Right then, Midnight, our dog, walked into the room. David noticed that an impression of his paw prints were left in the carpet in an odd way. Inspecting a bit closer, he noticed that the entire carpet in the room was soaking wet. Flooded. Water was at that moment, flowing down our wall from the window well, which was full of water also. The culprits were our three little children.
Right before the barbecue I had slipped away for a meeting at church and left my kids basically unattended because David was taking a nap. While I was gone, the kids decided to play Wacky Rain Forest Adventure which is a game Ray-Ray made up. You turn on the sprinkler and hang it in a tree and then let your imagination go. When I got home, I was a little miffed at the kids because it wasn't a Sunday game and also because they were now wet. Ray was asked to turn off the water and go change. Apparently he turned the water on full blast.
As a side note, Midnight once ate rat poison and cost us $700 for a blood transfusion, overnight pet hospital stay, and vitamin K pills. When I told David how much I paid to save our dog, he said that Midnight had been totaled and that when things are totaled, you just go get a new one. He was totaled twice over but I had to save him. After Midnight tipped David off to the flood in our house, he said Midnight was making up for it. If our dog hadn't walked in the room, David would have turned off the light and shut the door and who knows how bad it could have been. As it was, Dave and I spent Sunday night sucking gallons of water out of our carpet. And that kids, is the reason why we keep saying to turn the water off outside.
5 comments:
Wow, I thought stuff like this only happened to me. Glad I'm not the only one!
HA HA HA HA!! Hey, you saved him for a reason!! he returned the favor 10 fold...but too bad you still had soaking wet carpet!!
No. No. That makes me feel so stressed out. How are you dying everything?
We borrowed a heavy duty carpet dryer after we sucked out all that we could with some wet vacs and now we are just waiting to see if it dries well. It is pretty much all dry now but I do smell a mustiness :(
Update: the carpet dried well and I don't smell any mustiness unless my nostrils are just accustomed to that smell now.
Post a Comment