
The primary song "Saturday is a special day. It's the day we get ready for Sunday" actually should be sung "Monday is a special day. It's the day we recover from Sunday". Seriously, with the whole family home and usually cooped up in the house all afternoon, it is like a cyclone struck. I don't do my deep cleaning on Saturday. What is the point? It all gets undone on Sunday. How is it that three little kids can cause such destruction? It literally feels like they jump from one activity to the next in a frenzy.
Since Ray and little D and Lou got home two hours ago, they have left church clothes strewn about, mixed up vinegar and baking soda in a bowl to watch the reaction, added all the salt from my salt shaker to it, spilled some on the floor, started a duck pond out in the back yard and added salt to that, dumped out a big bag of paper and scraps on my bed, made paper airplanes, left cut up pieces of paper in about 5 different areas of the house, ate strawberries leaving the green leafs and red stains on the counter, the dining room table, and the kitchen table along with their crusts from their sandwiches, left markers out without the lids, scattered stuffed animals around, made my couches into barbie beds, toted a huge card board box around the house full of toys, slid down the stairs in Midnight's doggy bed, and made enough noise to keep us from truly having a day of rest.
You may ask where I have been this whole time. I've been nearby trying to make sense of it all. I should be having them do more constructive activities like writing letters to missionaries, writing in journals, reading scriptures or taking a nap (that would be a miracle).
Monday is actually the day I pull myself together and get centered. Except tomorrow is Labor Day so everyone will be home still. Blast!
4 comments:
Oh, you make me feel like my family is normal. I'm not a Saturday cleaner either, so by Sunday my house is usually a disaster area. I fight myself to not spend the day cleaning. Instead, I enlist the entire family in a 10-minute clean up effort and then let the rest be.
I agree! Monday is the day to clean the house for me. I just give up on the weekends. I thought it would get better as my kids got older, but the mess only grows with them!
AMEN!! (Sigh)
.... i know what you were up to... you and David were locked in your room, "stirrin the soup" and hey, who the heck cares what happens just as long as they leave you the heck alone for more than 10 min. By the sounds of it.... it was a pretty nice afternoon locked up there in your bedroom! Your kids did what they needed to give you guys some time alone! hahahha
love you girl,
-Lucy
Post a Comment