
Last year, we made our valentines and we decided to do it again this year. Ray and little D made pink flamingo valentines for the best girl in their class. Ray is still undeniably smitten by
Abby. We do not encourage him but everyone, including the whole second grade and possibly the third, knows how much he likes Abby. Little D isn't trully smitten by anyone but he gets caught up in Ray's energy and claims to be. I am certain that I receive the most love notes from little D and I want to be his best girl for as long as possible. I can't compete with Abby though.

I made these cards for the kids to pick from for their classmates. We have several more to give to grandmas and grandpas.

In the past it would take so long for the boys to sign their valentines that it became a chore for them and for me.

This year, the boys whipped them out in 15 minutes flat.

While I made the cards, Lou sat right by my side and made her own cards. She made one for each of the little kids in her preschool class.

They turned out beautifully.

Every mid-February I have a strong urge to make a batch or two of sugar cookies. I have been using
Chelsea's recipe.

Lou had a couple of them.

Little D and Ray had a few of them...
And I had the most of them.
6 comments:
Ohhh...those Valentines and those faces are ADORABLE!!!
Those cookies look divine!
This was the first year we didn't make homemade valentines. Actually, that's not true. Sam and I designed some on the computer and we were going to take them to a copy center and have them printed out and then I saw a box of spiderman valentines at the dollar store and it seemed like the simpler option. Your valentines look a lot better than our dollar tree ones. Dang it!
I've been a slacker this year. Yesterday my kids were saying how excited they were for Valentines day because it is always a special day....
Yikes, I better get something pulled together quick!
Love the cards.
Those flamingo Valentine's rock my world, Kearlig! Seriously suh-weet.
You gotta love those sugar cookies. We had quite a few at our house too.
Oh I would like one of those cookies... and a valentine please! Last year I was at the tuellers baby sitting while Lila was gone, and I made the coolest SpongeBob square pants Valentines box for Abby...
The best Valentines is when you are around little kids because you get to make valentines.... ooo how fun.
Post a Comment