Tuesday, February 24, 2009
This morning I woke up before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and went jogging. It was a beautiful crisp but not cold morning and the mountains were brilliant. The air smelled like rain. The day turned out to be so mild with a warm breeze. I walked out on my grass where the snow is receding and noticed tracks running through the wet grass...voles (not moles) would be the culprit. Every spring I have the same guy come out to try to get rid of the voles. Maybe I should find a new guy because I don't think he's doing the trick. Even though the vole tracks gave me the heebie-jeebies, it still made me think refreshingly about spring time. I like this time of year right now. The promise of budding trees and flowers is near but I still don't have to worry about mowing my lawn, weeding, or hedging for a while (I like the winter hiatus from those jobs). I also ate my first Cadbury creme egg today. Is it me or are they making them smaller than they used to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I walked Katie to school yesterday 'cause it was so nice out and distinctly smelled sage and mossy river water. Of course it made me think we need to have a bike ride to Bridal Veil falls, because, yummy smelling river equals happy lover time with you.
I had to look up what a vole was but when I did, I saw this on a website, maybe it will be helpful:
http://www.liquidfence.com/mole-vole-gopher-repellents.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=seo&utm_campaign=vole&gclid=CML98tiB-ZgCFR0Sagod7A8pnw
PS those eggs are totally smaller!! :)
Spring is around the corner! One of my favorite times of year, except there is something about every season that I love, so its hard to know which exactly is my favorite;)
Oh I can't wait for spring! I love that I can see my lawn now! Even if it's ugly dead color. I can't wait to plant my garden and flowers!!
Amen.
Voles? Kind of creepy. If I have them I don't want to know. I don't like rodents much.
Post a Comment