Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Good Thing

I have an vintage pair of jeans that I wore in college over 10 years ago. I keep them in my closet and I pull them out about once a year to see how they fit -usually a bit snug- and then I put them back. I love those old Levi-Strauss jeans. They were vintage back when I bought them at a thrift shop and they used to fit me perfectly. They have a 70's bell bottom flair that isn't too pretentious. I keep them to gauge my weight hoping I'll fit into them comfortably someday. I don't ever step on a scale because I don't like to be bound by the number so I have no idea how much I weigh but I do know that I weigh just a little bit more than when I used to wear those jeans.

I don't believe in "going on a diet" and I can honestly say I have never gone on one. Rather I like to try to eat moderate and exercise consistently. However, I have noticed that when I am sorrowful or stressed I lose my appetite and instead desire to run great distances. With the events of this past week I literally lost desire for food and added miles to my normal regimen. This morning I saw those jeans in my closet and curiously took them down.

I am wearing them today and they aren't snug.


Yes! One good thing!

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

That is a good thing!! I'm sorry its been a hard week. I think might know a little about it. I hope things will get better. At least you favorite pair of jeans are back into your wardrobe!!

Bobbie said...

I felt skinny Saturday too. Let's do it again!

Hurtado Family said...

one of the few fringe benefits.

akagi79 said...

Sorry you have had a bad week! Hope it gets better! I have some of those jeans too! I'm almost there!!

Jennette said...

Everytime I come to your blog I'm more and more impressed with you. Here's to next week being better...but with your jeans still being looser.