

When he was born, he was just a little bitty thing making his grand appearance five weeks earlier than expected. His favorite cousin Sammy was born on time 4 days later and we joked that Sammy ate little D for breakfast. He is still a little guy (in comparison to Ray) but he has a great big heart.


Even at a young age, we could tell that little D was a sweetheart. He picks flowers and writes love notes.


Each time I feel a little blue, I want one of little D's "magical hugs". They really do make ya feel better. (Rubbing his super soft big ears might even grant wishes.)


This year for his birthday, he opened his presents and immediately started to give them away to Ray and Lou. I tried to stop him, telling him that they were his presents and he could just share them, but he insisted on dividing them up between his siblings. He's just like that.



Lucky for him (or unlucky) he is the middle child and has learned how to give and take. He searches for snails with Ray and he plays pretend with Lou.


I am not the only one who notices how sweet little D is. On the playground this year there were a bunch of girls that chased him each day. It eventually started to bother little D so much that he didn't want to go to school. He pointed out the most bothersome girl to me one day. I saw her wave and say hi to him. It was a full flung first grade crush. His teacher also wanted to take him home with her for keeps but I wouldn't allow it.


There are days though when little D trades in his sweetness for stubbornness. He can give the most serious (although hilarious) scowly faces. I've yet to capture it on camera. He is also a grumpy little morning riser. He inherited that from me I'm afraid. Somehow it's a lot cuter when he does it.


The thing he inherited from his dad are his big hands. They're called "paws" because they are so squeezable and nice to hold. I hope he doesn't get too old for me to hold his hand anytime too soon.


Like his dad, he loves bikes, scooters, and learning how things work. He says that when he grows up he is going to work at The Scooter Lounge. He has a way with finding money. We might have to hire him on at an early age. He would be our hero.


Eventually I know my little boy will grow up. Each year he does it a little bit more and although it makes me sad, I love to see the boy that he is growing up into.
Dearest little D, you are the apple of my eye. Happy 7th Birthday.
9 comments:
That b/w of your boys at the door is AWESOME.
Happy birthday, sweet boy!
sweet little davey.
What a great kid! My second born son has some of those same characteristics. Maybe there is something to the whole birth order business?
You said it so well! I hope he has a fantastic Birthday!! Happy Birthday Davey!!!
What a forever post! You're such a great mom to leave such a tribute for a wonderful 7 year old son.
He sounds like one wonderful person. What a privilege to be his mom, eh?
When we first moved into the ward, we were called to teach primary. Davey was on of the members of that class. I have to tell you , I would look forward every week to see him and hear the cute, honest,and sweet things he had to say! I hope he had a wonderful Birthday!!!!
What a sweet little guy you have, Kaerig. you are a good mommy. I love all you pics,too. You know my dad was the same way, he was always giving everything he had a way,very generous. I miss him so much. Thanks for sharing your life with us . You are a sweetheart. Love ya ,auntie Holly
Kaerlig, he was, and still is such a beautiful child! What a cutie! Yay! Happy Birthday Davie!
Post a Comment