
Lou was born 2 months early and weighed 3 pounds. The nurses who cared for her for a month at the NICU told me that she was a fighter. She really is. But even though she packs a mean pinch and has the loudest voice in our family, she is also very girlie. She is a daddy's girl.

She loves everything pink, frilly, and dressed up. She loves babies, dolls, and barbies. She came this way.

Because she is the littlest in the family with two big brothers who mercilessly tease her about everything, she uses all female tactics to defend herself like wracking sobs from a seemingly broken heart and talking about "hurt feelings". When that fails she uses her fingers and nails to inflict maximum damage. She demands her rights.

Like Ray and Little D who were also born early, Lou had to learn how to feed and grow. It didn't come naturally at first. Nursing her came with many challenges. Despite the fact that she has stayed petite and doesn't have a lot of "chubba-lubba's", it was satisfying for me to care for her. It was a privilege to have such a tiny beautiful creature completely dependent on me.

My mom made her beautiful blessing dress which she was finally able to fit into when she was four months old.

I miss those baby years.

I could eat her.

OK. She had to wear a helmet for 5 or 6 months. She had a slight case of torticollis and absolutely refused to sleep on one side of her head even though I used wedges and tried my very hardest. She had a flat spot and had to get this sweet helmet.

But she is just so dang cute. Little Helmie Head.

Here she is one year old. I'm getting sad looking at these old pictures. How is she so big?

All of our kids were blessed with great big eyes and butterfly eyelashes.

Almost three years old. This is one of my favorite tender pictures.

Three years old. She's a beauty.
Four year old.

My five year old big girl.
Lou, before you were born, I was blessed that you would be a shining ray of light in my life bringing me hope. You are. You are bright and beautiful and lovely. You are my girl.

10 comments:
She is so gorgeous, and so, so sweet. And what a teensy-tiny babe! Thanks for sharing this.
That was beautiful!
I feel like my kids are mine for the same reason Lou is yours, they bring that light you don't get anywhere else. She's a cutie!! I love the helment head!
tears all over the place.... how sweet!
I really love reading your stuff, Kaerlig!! You have certainly had some challenges. She (and the boys) are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Oh, and would you mind if I put your blog on my list. When I want to read yours I always have to go through Lyn Hunter's?
Kaerlig! That is such a cute, tender blog! I have to admit, it made me a little teary. You do have a beautiful little girl, and I have to admit you look the same now as you did when she was born, do you ever age? No fair!
She is so precious and beautiful. Love the photos!
She is so sweet Kaerlig. I love the pictures of her. What a beautiful little girl. Her eyes are stunning. She looks like you! You are a lucky mommy :)
I forgot how tiny she was!!
She is one of my favorite girls...I loved meeting all her dolls.
Her little deep voice slays me!
She has the cutest sweetest face and she sounds like a lovely person.
I am feeling very nostalgic for my kids babyhood. I wish I had it in me to have more babies.
Post a Comment