I have been puzzled lately by the behavior of my sweet Little D. If you were to ask David or I to name good qualities about Little D we would both first say that he has a sweet disposition. We always say that. Why do we say that? It makes no sense when he is the grumpiest little bugger every morning. Four out of five school days he wakes up with a scowl yelling that he hates school and that he's not going. He refuses to get dressed until the last minute and wastes his whole bowl of cereal. Is this sweet?
About a week ago I was a bit late getting home from work and the boys were in the backyard after school waiting for me to unlock the door. If I'm not home right when they get there I've told them to hang out and jump on the tramp or something because I'll be coming along shortly. They were following instructions until Little D decided to try to kick open his window. The window didn't stand for much kicking very long and soon broke. Is this sweet?
Little D also decided he doesn't like to do his homework. He grumbles and fumes each day when I tell him that he can play as soon as his homework is done. The other day he decided that he was done doing homework and to make sure, he ate it. He ATE the whole worksheet his teacher had sent home. He also announced he's not going to say his part in the primary program or even be in the program and he ATE the piece of paper that had the line he was supposed to memorize. Is this sweet?
He boycotts my dinners each night.
He fusses about the bumps in his socks.
He hid his own shoes when he didn't want to get dressed.
He refuses to say family prayers.
He sneaks out of his seat belt when I'm driving.
He won't sing at primary or at home for FHE.
He doesn't flush the toilet.
He tells me he brushed his teeth when he hasn't.
He eats all the gum out of my purse.
He stuffs everything in his closet and pronounces his room "Clean".
Is this sweet?
I can't help it.
He is sweet Little D and he always will be. All this stuff he's doing that is so unlike him is actually exactly like him-- but he will always be sweet Little D. I will always be smitten by him.
I just have a lot of work to do.
8 comments:
I think it must be 2nd born sons, I have one just like that! :)
I'm sorry. I don't know how you do it. Your patience is very, very, long.
A mothers love never faulters! I'm sure your hard work will pay off. Before long they grow up and are gone. So they say!
he ATE the homework? That is pretty genius. It sounds like something Einstein would have done as a child.
This makes me love my children more...because they are just as horrid and naughty. I love you Kaer!
I can't get over him eating his homework. It sounds like he knows what he wants!
WOW! I'll go kiss my Blakey now while he sleeps...I am a bit too hard on him I guess (:
I'm sorry, but I chuckled when I read that he ate his homework and primary line. Don't worry, your list of other "offenses" are all too familiar to me. I have quite of list of my own - I think it's a boy thing. Thanks for sharing and making me smile.
Post a Comment