Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hot Springs

The Brigham's Bees became a club years ago but we lost touch.
This year the club was resurrected.
We rode all around
Utah County
Heber
Squaw Peak
Payson
and the canyons of
Spanish Fork
American Fork
and Provo.
We ate out a lot and
talked around a campfire.
We got together almost
every other week.
Our last ride of the season was to
D.F. hot springs.

It was a very exciting ride through Spanish Fork Canyon
which is along one of the deadliest highways in America.
We made it safe and sound to Three Forks.

It is 2.5 miles to the hot springs from the trail head.

The hike to the hot springs was mild and peaceful.

I enjoyed the crisp air and the changing leaves

and the river running through.


And I especially liked being there with David.



The water was full of minerals bubbling up
from some smoldering center.

The temperature was hot
because the flow from the river was low.

Soaking in the natural bath was relaxing.

I even enjoyed the smell
of sulphur.


I'm looking forward to next year's rides
and where our scooters
will take us.

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

Ooh, I really like the last picture of all the scooters in a line. You ought to frame that for the shop. Sounds fun.

Brooke said...

I like this scooter pic. You're a photographer Kaerlig! That's quality stuff. You are making me miss changing leaves.

Kaerlig said...

I wish I could claim that last photo but it's from the Brigham's Bees website.

Jennette said...

Gorgeous pics! It's making me miss Utah and wish that I had a scooter (and one for the hubby too) to go out for a fabulous ride.