Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christmas Story

After a calm and dry autumn, we finally got a lot snow a few days ago. My kids treat the snow like it is a new entree. They eat snow by the glovefuls. I used to try to explain that it isn't clean and that there is dust and dirt frozen with the water but it is just a waste of breath. I used to try to get them to stop licking the car but what is the point?

The other day at dinner Little D kept complaining that his tongue hurt. I didn't take much notice until the third or forth complaint and I finally came to my senses and asked him why his tongue hurt.



He had been licking the snow off a fence and got his tongue stuck.


I couldn't help but smile and laugh for a minute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 10 year old son JUST DID THE SAME THING! He claims he was pushed into a pole. Yeah right. We have to rent this movie now so he'll know why I think it's so funny.

Tara (Hartman's sis-in-law in WY)

Anna said...

Did you put a bandage on it?

I saw two young girls break an icicle off a car the other day and lick them like popsicles. It was painful to behold!

akagi79 said...

My sister did the same thing when she was "double-dog-dared" by my brother!! All I remember is yellow coat covered in blood and she couldn't eat for days!!!LOL!

Kerri said...

That's hilarious. Love the photo.

Daphne A. Quist said...

That is so funny! I agree it is a waste of breath, to tell them not to eat it! I've even used the pollution as a deterant and it doesn't work! Ty said, "tell her to give him a bunch of sour patch kids." To heal! :)