Tuesday, December 1, 2009


My mom saw this painting of Mary and Baby Jesus and she thought that the baby looked very similar to my little Lou when she was an infant. She showed me the painting and I had to agree. I saw Lou in the round face, the eyes, and the hairline...though Lou was never that chubby.

This isn't the best photo of Lou to show the resemblance, but you get the idea.


My mom has been painting a lot lately and she decided to change the painting into me and Lou. It isn't quite finished yet. I really like what my mom has done though I am jealous of the girl she painted because she is prettier than I am. My mom said it's because she painted me "wearing makeup". No one ever taught me how to wear makeup so I seldom wear it. If I'll look like her if I wear some then I want someone to teach me.


But I doubt if Mary ever wore makeup.

13 comments:

rusted sun said...

What a beautiful painting and how wonderful that your mom was able to remake it into something so special for you.

It is amazing how much the original painting does look like little Lou.

Before I read what you wrote about your mom's painting I thought, that looks like Kaerlig, only she is prettier than the painting.

You are beautiful, don't let make-up cover that up.


We are coming to spend a month in Utah before leaving for New Zealand. I would love to see you and your family. Laura said she would plan dinner at her house or something.

Jennette said...

Totally disagree...you are quite stunning even sans makeup. But it's cool that your mom turned the painting personal, nonetheless.

p.s. You are totally invited to a trip to NYC with me and Anna. It would be awesome to go with you. Now that Anna is moving East, all you have to do is name a date and we could certainly swing it. We could celebrate our nerdiness with you and see lots of museums and eat lots of fab food.

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Prettier than you? That's a negative, lady. Besides make-up can only enhance natural beauty(I'm a hairstylist I know these things) and you are naturally beautiful. Must be those good genes. I'm glad we are related, think it'll rub off on me?
The painting is lovely, will you post the finished product?

Kerri said...

Your mom has quite the talent. That's a treasure! Wow!

I disagree, that Mary is not more beautiful than you. I think you're stunning.

Julianne said...

Wow Wow and Wow! Before I read under the original painting I totaly saw the resemblence to Lou! Your Mom is amazing. The painting is absolutly beautiful. What a treasure! You are beautiful!

Kaerlig said...

I really wasn't fishing for compliments...but thank you.

Perry Family said...

kearlig, what a wonderful gift from your mother!! treasure that painting forever!! And wearing makeup is fun and not fun all at the same time. I like to wear it, but I hate washing my face everynight to get it off (I don't like sleeping with makeup on).

Anonymous said...

OK I guess I need to put in my two bits! I think makeup is fab and fun! I'll teach you any day though I don't think you need the lesson. You wear it well! Your mommy is so talented!

XOXOXO! Cheryl

Hurtado Family said...

Beautiful Kaer.

Brooke said...

That is such a beautiful painting! And I know you're not looking for anyone to say this, but really I've always thought you were beautiful. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas at your house!

Daphne A. Quist said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you too had a blog! I have now read up on your darling family. Beautiful painting, I'm always in awe of your beauty to be honest...how would it be to be able to wonderful without makeup! I love that I'm not the only one who believes that love is difficult but well worth it! Amazing, congrats at 10 years! Always in our prayers! Hope he is recovering well!

Erin Vorkink said...

what an absolute treasure, your mom is amazing.

Anna said...

Kaerlig, I'm not just saying this, and I'm also not trying to be creepy, but you are one of the most naturally (no need for makeup) beautiful people I've ever met. And your Mom is amazing, and the resemblance of your Lou and the baby in the picture is also amazing.
(And what is this NY trip???? I'm in!)