I'm in this strange funk that I can't shake.
I think a large portion of my funk is caused by the harried way I'm living my days lately. I rush to jog in the morning, rush to get the kids off to school (they're always tardy), rush to get ready to rush to the shop, to rush back to take Lou to afternoon kindergarten, to rush to go back to the shop, to rush to get home before the kids get out of school (I am always tardy) to rush to do all the neglected household stuff, often to rush back to the shop, and then back home in a rush to figure out dinner and then homework and then everyone off to bed --all in a rush. I feel like I can't get a handle on anything and I'm sure I'm not doing anything very well at all. I'm going to crack.
And now today I got a call from my supervisor at the hospital telling me they are making all the nurses do mandatory extra shifts and if I would be so kind to call in and sign up in the schedule book.
I'm really going to crack.
Is being on the verge of tears any second of the day any indication?
10 comments:
Does it help if you're not alone? If we're in the same boat?
Deep breath. You can do this.
Sorry to hear about your funk. We all feel that way at different times. My suggestion is: to let the housework go and make it a family effort on Saturday or something-where David and the kids help you. I got feeling so overwhelmed that I realized, I could use some help around here. It would be nice if a friend or family member came over and helped you for an hour or two to fold laundry and stuff that is hard to get to. I did this awesome RS lesson about service and how we sisters need to help eachother more in a down to earth way-
Now an older women across the street from me drops in now and then to fold laundry or dishes. It is so nice!
But seriously the housework doesn't matter! Cry, take a deep breath and press forward, you are so awesome!! Lots of Love
Sorry that was supposed to be Julie
Amen! Sigh....at least you have your kids in public school that makes you get out. Since I homeschool I've been in my funk in my pjs for days and go cry myself to sleep when Hyrum goes down for a nap. You're not alone! I keep hoping that once Spring hits life will feel better. Thanks for being real Kaerlig!
Yin Yang.
Balance.
Is it even possible? I think it must be a pipe dream, figuring out a balanced life. Good luck.
Go ahead and crack, no shame in a good cry, than move on and do what you gotta do! Wish we lived closer together.
I get this way too and then usually see some horrible event on tv and wake up to my fabulous life...teaching gospel doctrine has helped a ton too! Just remember that mom who brags about all the stuff she accomplishes etc. Down to putting doilles in her kids' lunches...not reality! You are a great mom...summer is coming!!! (;
Sometimes a good cry works as a "reset" button for me. You just gotta get it all out sometimes, right?
I know that you wrote this about a week ago now, so I hope that things have improved, even if it's just emotionally improved. And, yes, sometimes a good cry really helps out. You're certainly not alone. Well, at least not in the always rushing and being late department....that's my life! Press on, sister! Hugs.
Post a Comment