Friday, May 28, 2010

Eight


He's got a smile and it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories



Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky




Now and then when I see his face




It takes me away to that special place




And if I stared too long




I'd probably break down and cry



Sweet child o' mine



Sweet love of mine



He's got eyes of the bluest skies



And if they thought of rain



I hate to look into those eyes



And see an ounce of pain



His hair reminds me of a warm safe place



Where as a child I'd hide



And pray for the thunder



And the rain



To quietly pass me by



Sweet child o' mine



Sweet love of mine


Little D- you have a special place in my heart. I love you little guy--the blue eyes, the big soft ears, the chubby grippy hands, the little muscle man, the monkey climber, the grumpy morning riser, my sweet Little D.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

8 is such a magic age. You wake up and realize their childhood is quickly passing you by and they're growing into the own person. You wonder, "Have I taught them enough?" And yet you realize they're still so little and oh so wonderful. Happy Birthday little D.

Carina said...

I don't know why this made me all misty. But it did.

The Drizzled Apple said...

He really is a beautiful boy Kaerlig, always has been! How fast they grow up.

-love ya sweetie.
-Lucy

MartyE said...

Happy 8th Birthday, Davey!