Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yesterday I witnessed a miracle. In the afternoon we went on a hike to Stewart Falls and I didn't hear any complaining from Raycito. It was so...strange. I wasn't used to it.

Instead of the complaining, whining, and yelling that is usually our companion during excursions like these, Raycito talked to me -in a calm voice- the whole time. I learned every detail about a computer game called Mine Craft that he is really excited about. I learned about Herobrine. I think he talked for about 90 minutes straight about that game. And I listened.

I learned that his favorite subject is recess but when pressed further he also likes science. He is learning about tectonic plates right now but he already knows all about that and they haven't taught him anything new yet. I also learned that he is playing touch football in P.E. right now and all the kids want him on their team. He is the biggest kid in the school and they want him to protect the kid on his team that has the ball. But they don't want to actually give him the ball. I also learned that he still likes Abby (that's five years now) but there are other girls that are his friends like Maggie, Grace, Kate and oh yeah, Megan.

It was a pretty great hike.













No comments: