Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lou's First Day

By her expression, she looked a little unsure about her first day of kindergarten,
but I think she was joshing me.


I followed her down the halls

because she seemed to know exactly where to go

and what to do.

I asked her about her first day and she said
"I felt a little nervous at first but then I started to smile."

My baby is in the public school system. When I picked her up and watched her meander through the halls, I had such a strange feeling about seeing her there. Not really sadness that she's growing up, but awe for her because she is so comfortable with big changes. She is such a little girl with great big confidence.





(I also had another feeling--I want to have another baby.)

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

what a big girls she is! and so brave!

Erin Vorkink said...

really can't believe she is in kindergarten! what a beauty!

Carina said...

My oldest just started. He's gone a lot now.

Kerri said...

I know the photo of you wasn't the focus of your post, but YOU are beautiful! I think that little girl of your has spunk.

Chelsea said...

She looks so much like you!