(personal records for both of us)
me, my mom and my sisterIn the past 6 weeks I have ran 3 half marathons in three different and beautiful canyons in Utah. It has been a lot of hard work but incredibly satisfying and no less than life-saving. I think now I am going to take a break from racing for a little bit but continue to run casually. This most recent race was in Mapleton and although I felt pretty tired and like I wasn't running as fast as I wanted to, I actually ran faster than I ever had before. Not having a watch (mine just broke), I didn't know what my pace was and I was pleased when I came down the last stretch and saw my finish time- 3 minutes faster than the race two weeks ago. Of course, I have nothing on Kassi who took 2nd place in the women's division. She was haulin' as usual. I just don't know how she does it. She's got a fast gene and that, combined with her strict diligence, makes a winning combination.
The worst part of the race was at mile 10 when a bug flew into my mouth and got lodged in the back of my throat. I tried to hauck it out but couldn't so I tried to swallow it down but it wouldn't go. I could feel it fluttering there trying to get free and I started to gag uncontrollably. I stopped on the side because I thought I was going to throw up but I didn't. I ran like that for a 1/2 mile and then drank two cups of water at the water station but the little bugger wouldn't move-- but I think I drowned it at least so it couldn't flutter.
In fact, I think it is still back there. I wonder how long it'll take to disintegrate.
The worst part of the race was at mile 10 when a bug flew into my mouth and got lodged in the back of my throat. I tried to hauck it out but couldn't so I tried to swallow it down but it wouldn't go. I could feel it fluttering there trying to get free and I started to gag uncontrollably. I stopped on the side because I thought I was going to throw up but I didn't. I ran like that for a 1/2 mile and then drank two cups of water at the water station but the little bugger wouldn't move-- but I think I drowned it at least so it couldn't flutter.
In fact, I think it is still back there. I wonder how long it'll take to disintegrate.


7 comments:
You are so inspiring! Sorry but the bug thing is FUNNY!
You rock! Congratulations on the record. Sorry to hear about the bug. That would be awful. A dead bug is one thing, but one that is still fluttering....... I don't know what I would have done.
Way to go, wowsers!! that is so funny about the bug and nasty too.
That's so raunchy. I love it.
Good job Hermana! You amaze me. Actually, you make me want to try running again. Maybe my knee can have a miracle too.
It evident that I like the jogging skirt.
You are awesome! I love the last 2 pictures of you running. If only I had half the endurance you and Kassi have.
The bug thing is sooo funny.
Post a Comment