Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Turkish Delight

Does anyone else like these like I do? Every Christmas and Valentines I look forward to getting my fill of Queen Anne's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries. I don't like any other brand. Little D and Lou will share them with me but David and Ray wouldn't eat them even if there was nothing else.


David's delight for the holidays is Southern Comfort eggnog. He will go from store to store to find this brand. He loves the stuff plain or mixed with milk or ginger ale or sprite. As for myself, I'm good having maybe a cup or less on Thanksgiving or Christmas.



While I'm on the subject of seasonal treats, when Easter hits, we buy an enormous amount of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. I bet you do too.




But this is my personal favorite.

5 comments:

LTD in Las Vegas said...

It doesn't matter what holiday it is for me...even birthdays...Mike knows I better have a box of Sees chocolates (nuts & chews) to eat! Could this be why I am so chunky now? Cadburys are our favs too.

Kaerlig said...

I'd go for some turtles out of your sees box Linda.

Jennette said...

I haven't had those cherry cordials in years! When I was growing up I loved them so much, I used to get a whole box for myself for Christmas every year. I wonder if I'd still like them today.

But, you're right, I totally love the Cadbury eggs too. And Adam feels like Christmas season hasn't officially begun until there's eggnog in the house.

rusted sun said...

I know this is strange but I love conversation hearts. It is good thing I can only buy them on Valentine's Day...I can't seem to control myself when they are in the house. Last Feb I had to have Lonnie hide them and only give me a couple a day. :)

The Calders said...

Tawny loves the raspberry sticks, so I try to get her some each Christmas.

Our kids, who are notoriously picky, love egg nog. We bought a two gallon pack at Costco, and went through it in a week...or less. I had one glass:)

Tell Dave he can just tell everyone he drinks Southern Comfort, and leave out the egg nog part

Marty