Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ring Around The Moon


December 25, 1993
David came over to my house that evening to visit four months from the time we met. We decided to take a stroll in the cold night. There were luminaries lining the sidewalks and they created an enchanted atmosphere that encouraged stifled coquetry. Looking up I saw a ring around the moon. I had never noticed a ring around the moon before so I pointed it out to David who admitted he had never noticed a ring before either. It made me giddy and playful for some reason. I know now that the ring is made by refracted moonlight on ice crystals up in the sky.

That night walk outside set the mood for late night talking inside. That night was the catalyst to my first real kiss which turned into an all night kiss. My brother's alarm went off some time in the early hours of the morning at which point I shuffled David out the door. I wonder if a good first kiss always leaves a lasting impression as mine did. David ruined kissing for me with anyone else because no one else felt like him. My first kiss was like a youthful crush that lingers even after you age and move on.

3 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Those were the days. Best. Christmas. Ever

David said...

Oops, that last comment was from me. You were still logged in.

Word Verification: Schiddum There's got to be a funny use for that one.

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Love it Kaerlig! Good thing you married the guy that ruined kissing for ya with anyone else, eh?