My brother's wife
Katie and my sister
Julie did one of these lists on their blog. I decided to join in. I realized after reading Julie's that she is way more traveled than I am. How did I get left out of the trip to Europe with Papa? I guess it was probably because of the babies on my hips...but still.
- 1. Started your own blog- Check.
- 2. Slept under the stars- I've done this a few times while camping back when I could sleep comfortably on the ground. Now when I camp, it's it a tent with a big inflatable mattress (I'm such a wimp).
- 3. Played in a band- Never. I have no skills.
- 4. Visited Hawaii- No (someday I hope).
- 5. Watched a meteor shower- I did watch a meteor shower once. I laid on a paved street somewhere in the mountains. I can't remember where I was, who I was with, or when it was.
- 6. Given more than you can afford to charity- It seems with how tight things are, I do this every month with tithing and fast offerings...but we always pull through.
- 7. Been to Disneyland- We went last summer. It had been about 20 years since the last time I went. I was way more excited than my kids were.
- 8. Climbed a mountain- I've climbed a couple. I want to climb a couple more.
- 9. Held a praying mantis- There is a possibility that I have, but my memory fails me.
- 10. Sang a solo- I was supposed to sing "I am a Child of God" in front of the ward when I was five. I started crying and my mom had to come get me. I think I ruined the primary program.
- 13. Watched a lightning storm at sea- At sea? I'm not sure about that but I've seen many lightning storms. They are brilliant.
- 14. Taught yourself an art from scratch- I'm with Katie. I don't know what this means exactly but I'll claim that I taught myself how to cook because I pretty much did.
- 16. Had food poisoning- I'm also with Katie on this one. We all ate the Mexican Poop Chicken after one of Jacob's triathlons. We all got dog-sick. I also got sick in Bolivia after downing a glass of fruit and juice. My thirst got the better of my judgment. It must have been prepared with unboiled water because I got sick. But, it was the only sick day of my whole mission!
- 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 18. Grown your own vegetables- I love having a garden. It is really rewarding. I made zucchini bread just today with shredded zucchini that I froze from my garden last summer.
- 19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
- 20. Slept on an overnight train- I've never been on a train but I have "slept" on a bus several times in Bolivia and then when Dave and I traveled on a bus to Kino Bay, Mexico with two kids (it was freaking awesome).
- 21. Had a pillow fight- Who hasn't?
- 22. Hitch hiked- My friend Em and I used to tube the Provo river a lot. We hitch hiked to get back up to our car.
- 23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill- Well, I'd call it a "personal day".
- 24. Built a snow fort- Last year was the first time I've participated in building a snow fort. It didn't turn out too great.
- 25. Held a lamb-Now I know I've petted one but I'm not sure if I've held one.
- 26. Gone skinny dipping- I have gone skinny dipping once in a natural hot spring in Meadow, UT. That's all I'm telling.
- 27. Run a Marathon- I ran the St. George marathon in 1995. The first 21 miles were a breeze but I thought the last 5 were going to kill me.
- 28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
- 29. Seen a total eclipse- I have a vague memory of looking through dark glass to see the sun but I think it must have only been a partial eclipse.
- 30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- I try to see as many as I can.
- 31. Hit a home run- Kick ball baby.
- 32. Been on a cruise- I took a cruise down the Nile River in Egypt with my grandparents. I felt like a stinking, rotten, rich American when I saw people doing their laundry in the water.
- 33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
- 34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
- 35. Seen an Amish community
- 36. Taught yourself a new language- I learned Spanish, though I can't take all the credit.
- 37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied- I can't say that I have had enough money (there are always bills and debts to pay off) but I do feel satisfied and grateful everyday to have a warm home and enough to eat.
- 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
- 39. Gone rock climbing- No. What is my problem?
- 40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- Only in a book.
- 41. Sung karaoke- Once, and it was just in front of my kids.
- 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- I've been there. It was neato. That makes me think we ought to go back...
- 43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- I've never been at a restaurant and bought someone a meal, but I have given a stranger all the money in my pocket.
- 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- Last summer we spent a week in San Diego on the beach front and I got to do some of this.
- 46. Been transported in an ambulance-
- 47. Had your portrait painted- My mom did this portrait of David and I.

- 48. Gone deep sea fishing- When I spent the summer in Alaska, my uncle took me halibut fishing at sea. It was pretty tasty.
- 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
- 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- On our honeymoon, David and I went snorkeling in Los Cabos San Lucas. I started to feel a little sea sick due to the tide pushing me around and I lost my lunch. Suddenly I was swarmed by all the fish in the vicinity eating up my puke.
- 52. Kissed in the rain- Does the shower count?
- 53. Played in the mud- I have, but not lately. I should let loose a little more.
- 54. Gone to a drive-in theater- I went with a date to the Springville drive-in once before they closed it down.
- 55. Been in a movie- I've never been in a movie but I was on TV once. It was The Wallace and Ladmo Show. I pet a puppy and got a prize for a picture I drew of Super Hot Dog (a hero I made up).
- 56. Visited the Great Wall of China
- 58. Taken a martial arts class- Not really. But I do a lot of turbo kick-boxing. I can kick your butt.
- 60. Served at a soup kitchen- I've done this a few times thanks to being a member of the Key Club in high school and also having a dad that likes to go there/eat there.
- 61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
- 63. Got flowers for no reason- My kids give me flowers. David does too but there is usually a reason.
- 64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- I've donated but I hate having my blood drawn.
- 66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp: No. But I went to a Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem and got a migraine.
- 67. Bounced a check- I don't use checks much but every once in a while I get an overdraft fee. Shoot.
- 68. Flown in a helicopter
- 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- I have a box in the garage with a few treasured toys...but most of my toys were auctioned off to the highest bidder when my parents didn't make the payments on a storage unit. That was a tragedy!
- 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
- 71. Eaten Caviar- With crackers. A bit salty.
- 72. Pieced a quilt- I guess tying a quilt does not count.
- 73. Stood in Times Square
- 74. Toured the Everglades
- 75. Been fired from a job
- 76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
- 77. Broken a bone- Eight years old. I broke my left wrist on the ropes at Liberty Park. I heard the snap but it took my mom a week to take me to the doctor and I wore a homemade sling until then. You should have seen the smile on my face when the doctor said it was broken. I knew I heard a snap.
- 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- Dave had a motorcycle but we traded it in for a scooter, forever.
- 79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- No. Another one of those "what is wrong with me" questions.
- 81. Bought a brand new car- The newest car I've ever owned is 1999 and we bought it in 2004.
- 82. Walked in Jerusalem- My grandparents took me to Israel when I was 19. Jerusalem is a special place.
- 83. Had your picture in the newspaper- Once when there was a crazy snowstorm in Arizona, my friends and I were having a snowball fight in the mountains and a journalist took our picture and put it in the paper. I still have it.
- 84. Read the entire Bible- I have to say no. I haven't drudged through the whole Old Testament.
- 85. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- Only fish. That's the only animal I think I can kill but the preparation part grosses me out.
- 86. Had chickenpox- My brother and I caught it from cousins while we were on vacation. Some vacation.
- 87. Saved someone’s life- To quote Katie, who is also a nurse, "I'd like to think that this is what my job consists of as a nurse."
- 88. Met someone famous- I met Mick Fleetwood, you know, from Fleetwood Mac. He stayed at the hotel I worked at in Anchorage. Got free tickets to the show. Quite the honor.
- 89. Joined a book club- I read constantly but I've never joined a club.
- 90. Lost a loved one- 2 brothers, an aunt, and uncle, and grandma and grandpa Andersen
- 91. Had a baby- Three times.
- 92. Seen the Alamo in person
- 93. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- I've waded in it.
- 94. Been involved in a law suit
- 95. Owned a cell phone- I just got my first cell phone a few months ago. David says he doesn't know why he's paying for it because I never have it on me.
- 96. Been stung by a bee- Three times. It always shocks me how bad it hurts.
- 97. Seen Mount Rushmore in person
- 98. Learned to play an instrument- I used to know how to play the piano. It is on my list of things I want to do (1. take piano lessons again, 2. learn to sew better, 3. improve my singing voice, 4. learn to quilt and knit).
- 100. Had a pet rat- Thank goodness no.
Pheww. That was long. Did you actually read the whole list?
6 comments:
ok I may have been to NY and Paris, but you have been to Egypt and Isreal! Soooo thats pretty even I'd say... I doubt Grandma and Grandpa would take me on a trip... too ungrateful.
I want to hear more about the bus trip to Mexico with two kids! another blog entry sometime?
More I did not know about you! I have not been skinny dipping...but it sounds fun! ;) And you are quite a world traveler...have got to make it to HI one of these days, you will LOVE it!
I thoroughly enjoyed your list. Very informative and entertaining. Interesting facts. There were like at least 5 I had a good comment on but now that I'm writing I can't remember... I'll have to scroll up...xoxo
I did read the whole list. Kind of fun. Maybe I will try that.
Ok read the whole thing! 51 grossed me out just a little. Fish eating your puke, could have done without that detail. :)
Post a Comment