The kids amused themselves for a while playing on the computer and watching cartoons/infomercials until I forced them to turn it off. Then they amused themselves with my camera. Little D took this picture of Cheezer, the newest resident of Lovey Town.
Little D took about 20 pictures of Ray on the stairs. I'll just share one of them. Is it weird that my boys play with stuffed animals? Are they not cool? Sometimes I wonder. Also we don't own a single game system. Not even Nintendo. My kids play games on the computer using the arrow keys. Should I worry about them not being cool?
Since the rain kept us indoors I took the kids to Classic Skate. I had free passes to use and I really wanted the kids to get up and move. Sometimes they act like the only fun thing to do is play on the computer or watch TV and it drives me crazy.
A friend of mine asked if the love of roller skating is a genetic thing in my family. I'd have to say no. I just force it on my kids.
A friend of mine asked if the love of roller skating is a genetic thing in my family. I'd have to say no. I just force it on my kids.
Actually though, Lou does seem like she is a natural and I think I'll get her roller skates for her 5th birthday this year. That is when I got my first pair so of course she has to be like me.
These are my skates. They are worn down from the last 15 years at Classic. I think I'll get new roller skates for my birthday this year too. Check out that carpet. It is awesome.
Little D wasn't happy at first at the roller rink because he wanted tokens to play games and I wouldn't get any. I finally relented. This picture was taken after he got his fill of games. Before that, he wouldn't smile at me.
They let kids ride kick scooters on the rink. It's a lot easier for me because I don't have to hold all their hands to keep them from falling.
Ice cream is magical. Lou may not look happy but she really is.
The main reason why Ray was excited to come to the rink today was because he wanted to get a cheap prize you can get with the tickets you win with tokens. Usually we don't win that many tickets and can only get something small. Today was a different day because I hit the jackpot on one of the games and got 250 tickets. The kids were freaking out while the machine spit out all the tickets. They all got big prizes...but it was still cheap crap. I am often ashamed of myself for supporting the Chinese industry.
So that's what we did on a rainy day.
8 comments:
your kids are so creative! how fun for them to go rollerskating, that is such a fun thing, and you are all so good at it!
My kids love to play with stuffed animals too. Sometimes they make them clothes and beds and all of them have names. I am just not good at remembering them all. Maybe my kids aren't cool either. I did make Morgan start playing the violin in kindergarten and Kennedy the cello. I guess that is 2 strikes against them. They will survive. I did.
My boys play with stuffed animals. If we buy shoes they fight over the box, because they like to make homes for the animals. And that helicopter slipper totally is something my boys would make.
I also have resisted any gaming machines. My kids play computer games....sometimes, and think TV is the best, and I hate that too. If your boys aren't cool, mine are right there with them.
Classic looks fun. We've been a few times. My kids got blades/skates last year and are much improved. I should take them again. They would love it.
I cracked up at your comment on supporting the "chinese industry" only because my kids are probably the only kids that go around saying things like, "that is painted with lead paint!" They know when they go to the dollar store I am a freak about the painted toys from China...I guess I need to chill on the lead paint thing...but I still buy enough to support the Chinese toy industry. HAHA!
Oh and your kids are cool...they will have imaginations. Unfortunately, my kids have game stations because of their DAD needing ANY excuse to buy them for HIM! Our newest was guitar hero band...HIS B-day present....so I blame HIM! (0:
1- who else is going to play with stuffed animals if little kids don't.
2- we all know that too much Video games and TV can't be good for you. John's roommates are obsessed with Halo and Sports channel and it's way annoying.
3- Taking your kids to Classic skating was way cool of you! I want to go!
Oh, Classic!! Such happy memories from going there as kids with my parents and then again when we started to Disco (although I was never that good...or that regular). You're making me miss it! What a fun day.
Post a Comment