They have a little bakery, post office, copy machine, groceries, produce and many specialty items for each holiday. Whenever David doesn't "feel safe" (the feeling he gets whenever we are out of milk) I'll run around the corner. When David looks around the kitchen at 10:36 p.m. and realizes we are "out of cookies" he'll ask me to run to the store for Chocolate Chunk Scratch Cookies. These cookies are the main reason I run to the store at night right before they close at 11 p.m. They are really good (especially if they are warmed up for 12 seconds) but sometimes I wish the bakery never made them because they will probably kill me some day.
- $3.99- how much Chocolate Chunk Scratch Cookies cost
- $399- how much we probably spend on Chocolate Chunk Scratch Cookies each year
- 399- my blood sugar level (most likely) after eating them
- 399- how many calories are in each cookie
- 399- hours I spend at the gym each year as a consequence
- 39.9- my waistline if we don't stop the late night cookie runs
5 comments:
i love that grocery store too!!!!! i am there at least a couple of times a DAY. it doesn't help when you work next door too. it is so nice to be able to walk or ride your bike to anything that you might NEED.
Kaerlig, I smile every time I read one of your posts. Really, you should look into writing professionally.
Who can resist a good cookie?? Not me. Eat, drink, be merry, and eat cookies. I wish I had a neighborhood store around my corner. It sounds great.
We love that neighborhood store too! When the weather is good, my kids love to walk to the store. It's so convenient!
what a horrible convenience! :)
Post a Comment