I generally love hard labor so I usually take care of the mowing, fertilizing, gardening, hedging, and some other things that are generally the "man's job" but there are some things I just can't do without him and the list gets longer and longer as we only see each other in passing.
This is why I am really excited that David is observing winter hours and is closing his shop on Mondays. This doesn't mean he'll be home the whole day, mind you. In fact for the past couple of Mondays he has still gone into the shop to work even though the open sign isn't lit up. However, it does mean that I can get a little more help around the house.
Look what he did recently:
David put up shelves and we organized our food storage room. Imagine this room before with everything on the floor, spilling out and making it impossible to walk through.
David put our garden to bed for the winter with a rototiller. It'll be ready and waiting for next spring.
He also got up on our groovy metal roof to make a small but necessary repair.
The Monday job possibilities are endless! But I know my time is limited. By April, I won't have much time with him so I'm thinking we need to start putting in the bathroom downstairs that we have been meaning to do for four years!
6 comments:
Fabulous work! I'm jealous of the hubby with Mondays off schedule. Enjoy!
yes...what wonderful things the men in our lives do for us! Good work dave!
I love when Chad has "extra" days off! Your storage room looks great. I think I may need to do something about mine!lol. Also your family pictures are so cute!!!
WOW! I am seriously jealous of your food storage room...don't knock your older house...they don't make pantries like that anymore....you are the campbell soup lady!!!
Yea, I think husbands are about the coolest things ever...oh wait. Good Job Dave. Our family is living a similar life. I am not as cool a husband Dave, so my work is more sparodic.
Marty
I'm having food storage envy looking at your pictures. Steve is starting a similar project for me; I hope my finished product looks as organized!
Post a Comment