Saturday, November 1, 2008

Raw

I've been thinking a lot about Stephanie and Christian Nielson. I am learning from them. Some of you may not have heard about their plane crash in August. Nie was burned on 83% of her body and Christian was burned on 35%. They have four children. From her blog and her sister Courtney's blog I have been able to look into the Nielson's life and their recovery. It is tragic and miraculous.

I wonder who I would be if my outward self that everyone sees was gone. What is the raw me? It makes me a little worried to think about. If physical beauty and strength melted away would I be seen as beautiful and kind? I have so much to work on. So many failures. I see this beauty and kindness that can't be burned away in Stephanie and I want to be a better person and a better mother because of her.

To read about them see here and here.

3 comments:

~j. said...

There is so much to be learned from all of this. It is (or can be at times) devastatingly overwhelming. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Kerri said...

Thanks for the tears. And the love. And the gratitude. What would life be without families?

Anonymous said...

I love her



Chelsea