Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I am the woman

In the last week and a half I worked about 70 hours. I was covering all week for a nurse who cares for two disabled 1st graders at a nearby elementary school. I actually loved it. It was so fun. But it was also my weekend to work at the hospital. For many of you out there, working that much may be your norm, but I'm not used to it. I have appreciation for Dave who has been working about 60 hour weeks all summer. It's not that I shy away from work or anything. Dave has told me more than once that I need to take up knitting so I will STOP and sit down. It's more that on top of working away from home, I still tried to do all the work I usually do at home and I was running ragged. In reality, I was pulling about an 18 hour day. I am the woman and he is the man for a reason. I am glad we have different roles. I like being the woman.

4 comments:

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Amen SISTA!

Katie said...

Ditto... AMEN TO THAT. Working is so overrated and just plain exhausting. The difference between a man who works and a woman who works is that the man comes home, eats the dinner his wife made for him, plays with the children his wife took care of all day, and then goes to bed. The woman comes home from work and crams a full day of housekeeping and childrearing into three hours and then realizes she hasn't even had a chance to use the bathroom since noon. I realize this is a rash generalization (especially when I have a helpful husband)... but still. It's true. You go woman.

Perry Family said...

Oh girl...right there with you! So glad for gender differences! And you ARE the Woman!!! Thank goodness for the hard working men in our lives!!

Munchkins and Music said...

You are the woman! You look great in that picture by the way. Hot!!