Monday, September 29, 2008
Provo River Trail
I am not a great photographer and I don't have a great camera, but I wanted to capture the Provo River Trail. Biking or roller blading this trail has been a joy for me for the last 15 years. I don't grow tired of it. Sometimes I take it northeast and other times I take it southwest. These pictures are taken heading northeast into Provo Canyon. It takes less than 2 hours round trip from my house but if I had a better bike, I could do it faster.
This is near the beginning of my bike ride to Bridal Veil Falls which follows the Provo River.
This is Bridal Veil Falls and the debris left from the avalanche of 1996.
The trail is shaded in trees past Bridal Veil Falls. Many people turn around at Bridal Veil Falls but they miss my favorite part of the trail.
The mountain reflects it's image in the glass-like water. This is one of my favorite parts of the ride.
The trail continues heading toward Vivian Park. Vivian Park is popular for fishing with kids. It is also the end of the line for the Heber Creeper.
The rocky mountainside borders on one side, the river borders on the other.
This is the road I take once I pass Vivian Park and start heading up South Fork Canyon.
Beautiful autumn colors are bursting in South Fork Canyon.
This is the view as I turn around to head back out of South Fork toward Vivian Park.
Heading out of Vivian Park and back toward Bridal Veil Falls,
And heading for home. The ride back home goes quickly because the trail is slightly downhill and the momentum builds. Utah is a high mountain desert and although it is dry, it is home to beautiful canyons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those are some awesome pictures! What a great bike ride, scenic, hilly, shade...sounds like a dream! Lucky You!! :)
This is what I love about the blog, we get to see something that you enjoy and would not normally describe in detail and you burn calories, I wish I did.
Those are beautiful!
Thanks for sharing...I've never been up there!
Kaerlig, I miss that trail! I would love just one more rollerblading trip up the canyon with you. Those were the days.
It looks like so much fun! It also looks really nice out! It is really cold here right now, it warms up to 50 at this time of year, and is getting colder every day.
today when I was getting dressed I did a double take because out of the corner of my eye I say a hot jogger go by outside my window. And then I realized it was you.
Post a Comment