But last year I spent my birthday doing this:
I will never, I mean never! roof my own house again. It is such a tremendous job and David and I had no idea how hard it would be when we decided to do it ourselves. I have to give a hand to men who do this on a daily basis. It is a grueling, back-breaking job. Besides the horror of roofing that is imprinted in my memory last year, I also have the memory of a major financial crunch that hit my husband's business. It was as if David had looked in the eyes of Medusa and was turned to stone. So paralized was he by the blow that I was left to scrape the four layers off the roof with my dad while David attended to business.
Gratefully, David was able to pull through, cut off the head, and here we are a year later. The Scooter Lounge still lives. And our roof is protecting overhead. Glad that birthday passed.This year, I spent the first 13 hours of my birthday here:
I forgot to get the day off so I had to work. It was a busy day in the life of a pediatric nurse today, but not a bad day.When I got home, David game me a pair of these:
I am anxious to try them on the street tomorrow.And then David took me here:
A birthday wouldn't be a birthday without some Bombay House flavor.Then David took me to see this:
David really liked it. I'm not so sure. A little too much teenage T,A, and Gay. But it was fun to go out.Thanks Dave for a fun night.
Thanks mom for babysitting.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Kaerlig!!! Sounds like it was mostly fun (besides working for the first part!)...what a great hubby you have! Those are some neat running shoes. I'm going to make that bread today, so we'll see how I can make it turn out! :)
Friggedy Frack! I saw you 2 or 3 times today and didn't say because I didn't know.....
Happy Birthday!
"Friggedy Frack" I love that.
Happy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you had a long fun day.
33! Weird! You won't believe it, but our car just turned 33,333 miles and gas was $3.33 a gallon. Cool! Anyway, happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Kaerlig. I'll know in advance next year.
Um, I think I was still pretty instrumental in getting the roof done.
Also, there was no T & A, just gay, and the gay characters didn't even hold hands. It was pretty tame.
Yes, you were the primary instrument in getting the new roof on. I was the primary instrument in getting the old roof off (with my dad). Agree?
And there was T& A and the gayness flowed from their lips like a river. You are right though, they didn't even hold hands. They talked continually in gayness buring my ears.
And there wasn't any nudity. You are right there.
I love how you debate with your husband online! You're hilarious! I hope you had an Awesome Birthday, even though you did have to spend the majority of it working. At least you were making money this year instead of spending money though right?! (I'm sure new roofs aren't cheap!) So I think it's time we need to get together! What do you think?!
Post a Comment