Here is little D checking out a medium sized one. The kids scouted out and claimed "their" pumpkin. Little D has his pocket knife (that he's not supposed to have until he's a cub scout) ready to cut the vines.
Little D and Ray-Ray are trying to move a bigger one.
Trying....heave! ho! (Lou is cheering them on.)
After failed attempts at lifting, they realized their best bet is to roll.
It takes two. That pumpkin was very heavy. I couldn't lift it either.
Made it to the lawn (where is Dad when we need some muscle?).
Lou and little D are loving the pumpkins.
We got six good sized pumpkins this year. Last year we got nine but they were smaller. The unique thing about home grown pumpkins is you get funky shaped ones with major flat spots. It'll give our future jack-o-lanterns some character.
8 comments:
Kaerlig, those are some awesome pumpkins!! I love how rustic they look, and homegrown pumpkins are SO much better than store bought ones! Your kids have such a great mamma!!
Wow! I am so impressed. Make sure you show us pictures of these pumpkins when they get jack-o-lanterned! I can't believe how big they are. Good job.
Those are some serious envy and lust inducing orange giants.
Love em, cuz!
Nice job! Those are some huge pumpkins! What a "Great American Moment." I'm so glad you took photos & shared them.
Little D totally looks like you the first picture.
did you do the pumpkins after cornbellies? Adorable. I love the running dialogue.
I am so impressed. I have to admit, although I do love the cantelope, and other tasty treats my garden has supplied, I hate it that I didn't plan pumpkins. They are Fall must. Do you make anything with them or just use them for carving?
Wow! They are amazing. You will have to help me plant some next year. Even my zucchini plant was a dud. It only gave me 1 zucchini. Happy birthday too!
Post a Comment