This was a first time for both Dave and I (come on Dave, you were born here!) and it was awesome. Here is Lou and her best buddy. Lou appears to be poised to leap off of this hoodoo. Don't worry, she didn't.
But Lou was pretty fearless about climbing and scrambling on the goblins. I don't think the word danger ever crossed her mind.
Little D loved it here. He played hide and seek and scoped out hide-outs.
Ray claimed every group of hoodoos as his realm. He had castles complete with courtyards, towers, parapets and a keep. He even had goblin shaped guards.
Ray is overlooking his realm. He asked little D to be his servant. Little D declined saying he had his own kingdom to attend to. I overheard this conversation from across the courtyard.
We did bring Midnight, the crapper. He loved the place and scoped out his territory with his whizzing.
Ray pointed out that if we lived here, he would play outside all day. It is an amazing playground.
The next day we took a hike. It was so peaceful, quiet, sunny, and wonderful. I love this place. On the way back, Lou got drowsy. She's like a little monkey on her dad.
Midnight got a little worn out too and started stopping in every shady spot he could find.
After the hike, Lou and Dave took a nap in the van. While the boys claimed more territory as their own in the valley, I cuddled up on top of a goblin. And snoozed a bit too.
8 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun and maybe the best playland EVER for kids!
Can you believe I've lived here almost all my life and have never taken my kids?
What a fun little family trip. I need to take my boys down, I am sure they would love it too.
what a great place to go right before halloween!! its always nice to get out of the house as a family!
infinitely cooler than what we did last weekend. What a great trip. that makes me miss you guys a little. . . :( yet another wish we had gone.
How fun - I had totally forgotten about that place. That was one of our favorite spots in high school and I haven't been back since. We'll have to make a trip of it this year...thanks for the good idea!
I want to go there!! That is so cool. Midnight the crapper... hahaha. Poor Kaerlig. :) I would love to play the piano for Ray's baptism. It will really motivate me to brush up... what do you want played?
Also, I got a piano for free on freecycle (before we got the one from David) that we don't want. You can have it if you like, however I must warn you that the best way to describe it is HONKY TONK. To put it in perspective, I love playing the piano but I played it maybe twice in the entire 4 months it sat in our apartment. That's how awful it sounds.
It is small (which is good for fitting in small places) but it desperately needs a work up. I don't know what it would take to make it sound good. The piano itself is in good condition, its just the strings that are way off. I'm sure a good piano fixer-upper man could work some magic, but who knows. It's in our storage unit. If you're interested let me know. Otherwise we are going to freecycle it again.
Wow! If you ever go again and feel like you wish another seven people could join you...just let me know!
I have been thinking about wha I would do with my kids if we lived in Utah. I thought of Goblin Valley! Glad you guys went. Maybe someday I can take my kids there.
Post a Comment